Monday, June 19, 2006

Dye-vine Inspiration!

A few weeks ago I acquired about 15-20 ounces of grey and beige wool from the charity shop and the regular's at Craftybernie's will know that I am a bit of a bargain hunter (or as some refer to me - 'the tight fisted Irish Git over there')!

Anyway, like a good little knitting person I knit a swatch in each of the two colours and was disappointed with the outcome. The wool is fine but the colours are a little bit yeuck. The beige wool looked like baby poo and the grey just looked too grey!

So, what to do, what to do....

I'm going to attempt to dye the wool with my Wilton's food colouring paste. This project shall officially be known as 'Dye-vine Inspiration' and I can't wait to get going. I have the following colours in my cupboard - Purple, Yellow, Green, Claret and Black. I will report back with my progress as soon as.

In the meantime, if you have any experience of dyeing wool with Wilton's food Colouring and natural Mordants, then please drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: