Thursday, July 06, 2006

While I was feeling rotten....

During my week of confinement, I entertained myself with a little crochet hook. Well something had to distract me from the 'lady troubles' that I have been having of late. (And BEFORE you rudies out there get the wrong idea this is not a reference to Mr CB's love trumpet!)

Anyway, much as I wanted to drive the crochet hook into the eyes of anybody who looked in my direction, I decided to put it to a more constructive use. After many many MANY years of trying to get beyond a simple crochet chain I finally managed to crochet 3 squares. Not without much growling and hissing I might add but I got there in the end. This seems to be a common statement of mine - "it might have been difficult but I got there in the end".

Enjoy the fruits of my labour and feast your eyes on these three beauties. The two small white squares were made with some lovely white crochet cotton which I bought in Spain 5 years ago during my last attempt at this (ahem) delightful passtime. I also added some beads. Because I could!

2 comments:

Alliesw said...

I recently had the same sort of experience with crochet (and when I was in a similar sort of mood--maybe it helps!)--after years of single crochet blobs, I managed a couple of circular flowers, yeah! Now to get the courage to try a whole something in crochet? But then I would have to buy more hooks, etc, etc. .....hmmmmm! P.S.: I love your flower fairies!

Craftybernie said...

Thanks for the comments. Yes, nothing like a bit of a mood to get one going. Imagine what could have happened if I hadn't picked up the crochet hook! Dozens of men would have perished at my hand.

I'm working on 2 crochet scarves with shell patterns, jumping between the two. Shhh, don't tell anyone though. I'm supposed to be knitting....

The fairies are great fun to make. And pretty too.