Monday, October 30, 2006

Grandma Purl's Blanket - Katie's Square

Look at my little angel working hard on her knitting machine. Aw!

She got this for Christmas a couple of years ago but it's only been out a handful of times. With many failed attempts to make anything with the godforsaken thing behind us, she's decided to make squares that can be sewn together for doll blankets

Here she is working on her contribution to Grandmother Purl's Blanket - she wanted to do a square for this after seeing my square yesterday. Now Little Miss CB isn't a knitter by any stretch of the imagination. She's a crocheter (is that a word?). In fact she can crochet quite well considering she's only 9 and has only been crocheting for a few short months. So we may still see a crochet square yet.

As it's half term I thought it would be fun to dig out the knitter and give it one last shot at being useful and fun.

As well as knitting tubes, the machine can knit flat panels which work out about 4" wide. It was easy to knit two rectangular panels of 4" wide and 8" long and stitch them togther.

I handed madam my bag of Merino wool (sob sob), she chose these colours and came up with this lovely square.

Normally she gets a ball of the cheapest most affordable acrylic I can find but as this is for a good cause, and natural fibres were preferred, I couldn't deny her my Merino wool (sob), could I?

Isn't it purddey!

3 comments:

Becka said...

You must be proud of little CB! Looks like she's enjoying herself.

Becka said...

You must be proud of little CB! Looks like she's enjoying herself.

AR said...

Very nice job to Lil' CB!

Good job sharing, to you, too, Mom! hehe. Lil' Arleta has been pretty happy with my not as nice yarn and cotton, so far.