Sunday, October 15, 2006

Knitting: First sock heel problem

Piglottie kindly gave me this link to the UK Knitting Forum with tips on how to avoid holes when knitting the heel of a sock: http://www.knittingforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8381.

Once I read the thread, I realised why I had gone wrong. The abbreviation [tbl] or [through back loop] was there in the pattern but the pattern didn't provide an explanation of what that was. Having said that, I didn't check on line as I couldn't be bothered! Hows that for a relaxed approach to sock knitting!

Roll on Monday (or Tuesday). I can't wait for my yarn and new needles to arrive. I'm sure the post lady is cautious of delivering packages to my house. I do tend to get very excited. Then there's that embarrassing drooling thing I do... well not really, but you get the picture!
Thanks Piglottie!

3 comments:

AR said...

Haha! Do you scare the nice postal person? I get little holes sometimes, and if I'm too lazy, I just weave them closed later! Naughty me.

Anonymous said...

I always get holes and like AR, just sew 'em closed at the end (if at all)!

Piglottie said...

Glad it helped. However, I've just had the same problem with my latest socks and have posted about it on my blog. Kay has given a brilliant solution to the hole problem so I shall be trying this next time - it might help you as well!