Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sun shines on the Isle of Man

What a glorious few days we have had here on the Isle of Man. I am amazed at how hot it actually is. Normally with the sunshine there's usually a brisk breeze coming in off the sea or from the hills. But not today. I love being outside when it is pleasant. Even hanging out the washing is an enjoyable task on days like this.

Over the last 24 hours I've weeded and cleared up the two flower beds in the front garden - that's more gardening in 24 hours than I have done over the last 2 years!!! I said I was feeling better in a previous post, didn't I?

I've still got a long way to go before I'm satisfied with the gardens and the property. Then there's that new flower bed I want to put in between the drive and the back garden. It will be nice to have a spot where Little miss CB and I can plant some annuals and some bulbs.

We used to always grow sunflowers, cornflowers, cosmos etc.. but over the past couple of years I have been both emotionally and physically exhausted with the constant pain in my back.

The amazing thing about this nice weather is that it actually motivates you to get out. Stuff the pain. It seems almost irrelevant. I'm going to carry on enjoying the nice weather for as long as I can (or as long as it lasts)!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

It must be something about this weather. I'm very motivated to go out and tend to my flowers (first time for a flower bed ever) and put in a bigger garden. Go Earth! Glad you're having a better spring.