Monday, July 16, 2007

Blog Identity Crisis No2: I'm a multicrafter, what can I say!!!

Here we go again. What type of blog is this? Well, a crafting blog of course!!! It has gone through many different guises over the year or so, and we're not just talking blog layouts here. The content varies from time to time - afterall, variety is the spice life.

My readership (if I may be so bold to call you that) has varied from felters, to knitters, to crocheters, back to knitters, to sewers... well you get the picture. People come and go, new faces appear, and old ones vanish. I guess the visitor turnover is due to the fact that I am constantly evolving as a crafter. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

I'm sewing a lot at the moment. The machine normally doesn't get an airing more than once a year, but I've had a few projects that I wanted to finish and the poor thing is still out on the kitchen table.

Then there's the costumes for Little Miss CB's stuff at school (Greek day = Toga, Abba Concert = 70's Outfit).



It wasn't intentional. Honest. So for those of you looking for a strictly Knitting blog or a Crochet blog, move along now and make way for the multicrafters among you. I'm not a purist, I'm a realist and I follow where inspiration leads.

Sewing seems to come more natural to me than knitting. I can look at something, have a moment of revelation and pretty much make it. Obviously we're talking fairly basic stuff here but I guess you could say I can hold my own.

Once I get the sewing projects out of the way I'll update y'all on the other stuff.

I craft. I am a multicrafter. I am a certified craftaholic. I'm a slave to crafting and follow wherever my inspiration leads.

I am Craftybernie.
Hear me roar, arrrgh!!!
(Sorry, just had to put that in, lol!)

Craftybernie.blogspot.com was created 15 months ago as an online journal, to share and record my crafting frolics. Occasionally it serves as a councellor, friend, child, and lots more inbetween. :)

No comments: