Tuesday, June 03, 2008

ISE6 scarf & goodies received!

I received the most gorgeously soft scarf from my pal Jesi at the end of last week. My photos aren't great as things have been a bit difficult at home. But here's a quick glimpse of the beautiful scarf and goodies that she sent me.

The scarf is knit in Henry's Attic natural silk and Jesi used the opera scarf pattern. It is so soft, smoothy, silky and light. Jesi left it in its natural colour and has left it with me to decide whether to tea dye it or not. I may keep it natural for now and then see how things go. It's got a lovely pearlescent quality to it, almost like mother of pearl.

As you can see, Jesi also enclosed a few treats for me: a box of candles, some jasmine green tea and some gorgeous laceweight cashmere yarn. The candles are divine with a lovely fragrance. Not at all sickly like some smelly candles - just lovely and fresh.

The laceweight yarn is the original yarn that Jesi bought for my scarf but she didn't enjoy knitting with it. Thankfully she has let me have it - I adore the colours and can't wait to get knitting a nice scarf or shawlette for myself.

Thanks so much Jesi. I wish I was able to get a better photo of me wearing the scarf but it does look lovely (plus it covers the 'lads' perfectly!!) lol.

Thanks also to our wonderful hostesses for a great job. Looking forward to ISE7.


No comments: