Sunday, September 10, 2006

International Scarf Exchange III - The Yarn

I'm torn between posting here and posting on the International Scarf Exchange III Website. I love KALS but I never know how much to post and where to post it. So apologies if I am repeating myself.

Well, I've been contacted by my pal and I've made contact with MY pal. The yarn has been ordered and the pattern has been chosen. Now I just have to wait for the yarn to arrive, which should be sometime next week (fingers crossed).

I think that I have been matched really well with MY pal.

I've chosen Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora and I shall (probably) be knitting a 'wave scarf'. I have to admit that it has been a hellish two days looking at patterns and researching yarns. There are so many it's overwhelming. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's finding it hard to choose.

I was thinking of making a scarf using the techniques featured in this piece: maidensglory. Although it's a head thingy and not a scarf, I thought it would suit my pal down to the ground. So, if I have any wool left, I shall be making one. In the meantime, here's a picture of the wool ordered for this project. NB: this is just one of the colours I shall be using....

Now, on with some FO's while I wait for the good stuff to arrive.
Hope everyone is getting on ok. Bernie

No comments: