Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yarn fever

I'm not sure quite what's happening to me at the moment. First I loose my mojo (craft, knitting, crochet, .... life) and now I'm on some kind of manic high. Talk about going from one extreme to the next.

Today I picked up the knitting needles for the first time since before Christmas!
Although I've crochet a few items, you could count them on one hand, I really haven't been motivated to do much. Yet suddenly I've sprung to life in the last couple of days. It must be the lovely sunshine!!

And I'm definitely developing a taste for yummy yarn. Twelve months ago it was all fun fur and novelty yarns when I returned to knitting. Now I'm drooling over yarns from places like 'Posh Yarns' (I'm sure there's a post somewhere in the archives where I scoff at those who use luxury yarns.)

What a naive fool I was!! I don't recognise myself. But I like this me. I only hope the high slowly tapers off to a sensible stable effervesence, rather than bottoming out like I did in the winter.

So, onwards and upwards as they say. I can't wait until my yarn for the ISE4 arrives. There's been a slight change in the colour and I'll update the blog once it gets here. But it's still a yummy yarn all the same.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oooo, manic for yarn! That can only be a good thing! Glad you found your mojo. I went over a little bump there myself, and I now only have socks on the needles. I need a little pinch of what you've got... =)

Artis-Anne said...

LOL I had to laugh at your post as I too have gone along this path and now love my 'posh' yarns(And I have bought some fom Posh Yarn also LOL ) . I think spinning yarn turned me into a fiber junkie and only the best is what I want . Its called rich man's taste but poor man's pocket in my case.
I am trying to think what I can do with all that novelty yarn and my first thoughts are rug weaving !!

Piglottie said...

A lot of knitting blogland seems to have been struck with the lack of mojo bug - I definitely had it for a lot of the year. Its gradually coming back along with a change in colour palette to very spring like pastels (so not me!). Glad your mojo is back and fingers crossed for an even plateau for us all. And yes, I too am now a yarn snob :)