Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's like falling in love again....

I love that sense of achievement when you finally figure out something that has been haunting you. Something that you know deep down in your soul you should do, you want to do, but don't seem to be able to do. That 'falling in love' feeling.

Well, that's how I'm doing right about now. I don't know how long it will last. I don't care really. I'm just really pleased that I've sussed it. Sussed what I hear you ask? Why, thank you for asking. I've sussed toe up socks on a circular needle, that's what!!


Here's the fruit of my labour thus far. It doesn't look like much. But is is. Honest. I've never really made it much past the ribbing before. Not sure why but it never felt right. But this method does.

Now I'm off to knit me, (well Little Miss CB) some socks. I figure I've got two balls of Opal and one skein of STR so that should keep me busy next week when we're on hols down south. I'm so naieve yet ambitious - you've got to admire the determination. Ok some would call it pig-headedness and to them I say oink! oink!

4 comments:

gilraen said...

Oh well done!!! I've not mastered that myself. :)

Carol said...

Congrats on your accomplishment! I love a knitting epiphany! And I'm so happy you're feeling the "love", it is a great feeling no?

Piglottie said...

You should be proud Bernie, thats one heck of an achievement - toe ups AND circs in one go :) Sock addict in the making ;)

Penny said...

It looks very cute.