Saturday, August 11, 2007

Swaps: "I Want What I Can't Make" swap on Craftster

I signed up for my first Craftster Swap the other week - the "I want what I can't make" swap! Sign ups are closed now and we've just been allocated our swap pals.

It's such a cool idea for a swap. You get the opportunity to list crafts, techniques or items that you are unable to make or do, and your swap pall will make you something from that list. And so on for each person and their swap pal.

I'm itching to get started and will post some progress photos once taken (subtle hints and teasers to follow soon - I want to maintain some of the surprise for my pal)! Mwahahahahaha.

While we're on the subject of Craftster, check out these girlie dresses when you can. The first one is reconstructed from a mans shirt. And just to show that nothing goes to waste, the sleeves have been turned into matching pants! This is a cute overload.

This second dress is made up of patchwork squares, stitched together in rows, and then tiered on top of each other. Isn't it adorable! Similar twirly patchwork dresses are for sale on Etsy.

2 comments:

Piglottie said...

Such a cool swap idea, and something different :)

Carol said...

Now there's a clever swap!