Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I hate socks!

I am a sock knitting failure! Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of hand knit socks. I even enjoy knitting with DPNs, the technique of toe ups and working on circular needles. I just don't enjoy making socks. However, I do ADORE sock yarn so there's definitely going to be lots of it in my future - just not for socks!! :)

The CTnY forum has a monthly sock challenge and at the end of the year, prizes for Gold, Silver & Bronze are awarded for the appropriate number of socks completed. These guys are amazing sock knitters - the Gold Prize winner is, LadybirdLinz; Silver went to Harrysmum and Bronze went to blogless Carolinne!.

Oh, almost forgot. There was a Wooden Spoon prize for those who never managed to actually complete a pair of socks. Guess who won that one? Yours truly, me! The amazing thing is that although it's the 'wooden spoon', I actually get some yummy scrummy yarn from the amazing Anni. And here's my button to prove it! I'll be 'wearing' it with pride (or at least my blog will)!

No comments: