Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sewing: Bags & Totes

I'm still frantically trying to catch up on posting piccies of finished projects and here's a few project bags that I made recently to keep you going. Hopefully I'll have my ISE5 stuff online very soon.

The first bag is made using navy recycled linen and a pretty co-ordinating floral lining. The drawstring is made from Rowan Cotton Glace. I added a small fabric patch to the front of the bag to break up the solid colour without detracing away from the beautiful linen. This bag was sent to Blueadt in exchange for some gorgeous Rowan All Seasons cotton.


Next is Katie's project bag. I made this using a scrap of the linen fabric and some of the 'ladybird' fabric that I used to make Ladybird Linz's needle roll. Katie needed something simple that she could stuff full with knitting projects. I lined this in simple calico with a small pocket for notions.


Lastly is this blue bag that I made Anna for her Birthday as part of the Winter Birthday Swap on the Crafty Threads n Yarn forum at the beginning of December. It's unusual fabric in that's a fleece or flannel. The print is a blue toille and I used Simplicity Pattern (tbc). There is an external pocket in the same fabric and the inside is lined with calico fabric. I also enclosed a couple of Fat Quarters and two balls of lovely yarn in her birthday swap package.

More FO's and swap piccies coming soon including my ISE5 scarf and goodies! I've been a busy bee in January. Time to knuckle down for February as we're almost half way through - eek!

No comments: