Thursday, July 27, 2006

Patons 'Jasmine' DK - 50/50 mohair/acrylic

I picked up 6 balls of Patons 'Jasmine' DK 50/50 mohair/acrylic from the charity shop a few weeks ago - y'all know me by now, can't resist a bargain! They're 25g balls but there's no indication on the label how much yarn there is in each ball or what gauge it knits up in. I've googled this wool but can't find any info on it so it must be from an older range.

Does anybody know how to work out the quantity of wool in a ball without having to unwind it all? Is there a formula to work this out by any chance?

As the camera is not working I can't post piccies of the wool, but it's not as hairy as pure mohair wool that I've seen. It's a lovely caramel colour and I guess it would be nice wool to kit or crochet with.

Any pattern suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you can go by weight, its not exact but it kind of gives you an idea.
a 250gram hank
8ply= 525 yards
10ply= 430 yards
14ply= 310 yards
Hope it helps!