Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wet Felting with Merino Wool Rovings

We've had a fun and interesting couple of hours today. We experimented with Wet Felting.

Initially it was just me and Little Miss CB. She needed a little encouragement as to her, crafting is the devil's work.

Anyway, once she got her hands on the wool she began to enjoy herself, and successfully made two pieces of felt. The top one is the first effort and I think she did a really great job.

We were then joined by one of her friends who wanted a go and they both made a stripey piece each. I gave them each a plastic tray so they could take their felt to the sink easily enough and still work at the table. But by the time time she began to felt the 2nd piece of wool, she really had had enough and started to show off. Regardless of her behaviour though, the girls had fun and were very pleased with the outcome.

Now it's a question of making a small little something with their piece of fabric - maybe a little coin purse or a pencil case or a bookmark perhaps!!??!! That's something for another day.

Anywho, time to put me feet up for a bit. I think I'll just have a valium sandwich to help me settle down though! :) Lol.

No comments: